WHAT IS THE COOKIE LAW?The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below. Please do note that the details we have will have been provided by you in the first place, and will, therefore, be already known to you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our Data Controller’s details are: Data Protection Administrator Shilstone, Modbury, Devon, PL21 0TWIn May 2011 the law which applies to how cookies are used for storing information changed and the deadline for updating websites in line with this law came into effect on 26 May 2012.
In accordance with this law, cookies used on this site are strictly necessary or are linked to performance and functionality (anonymously stored and used to help develop a better user experience). We will notify you if we need to process or store any additional information.
MANAGING COOKIESTo opt out of receiving any cookies, you can change your browser settings to restrict or block cookies. The ‘help’ function in browsers will enable you to implement these restrictions. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org for steps to change your cookie settings.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND STORE ABOUT YOUIn operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the information that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide in entering details on forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or apply for a service, to make a purchase, or information you provide when you communicate with us for any reason. This may include personal, business, banking and credit/debit card information.
WEBSITE COOKIESFirst party cookies are set directly by this web site and can only be accessed by this website. The domain of the cookie may be www.shilstonedevon.co.uk or .www.shilstonedevon.co.uk depending on the origin of the cookie. We only store one cookie on your computer, but we use Google Analytics on this site and that sets a number of first party cookies (see Google Analytics below).
|login_82e5d2c56bdd0811318f0cf078b78bfc||Shilstone||This cookie is used to identify your current browser session, so once logged in you do not have to log in every time you navigate to a new page.||120 minutes from set/update|
|__utma||Google Analytics||This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to the site and it is updated with each page view.||2 years from set/update|
|__utmb||Google Analytics||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with the site.||30 minutes from set/update|
|__utmc||Google Analytics||This cookie is no longer used by the ga.js tracking code to determine session status, but may still exist in your web browser.||–|
|__utmz||Google Analytics||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach the site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link.||6 months from set/update|
|__utmv||Google Analytics||This cookie stores any additional site settings to improve your experience.||2 years from set/update|
|__utmx, __utmxx||Google Website Optimizer||This cookie is used by Website Optimizer, to ensure the visitor has a consistent experience on the site.||2 years from set/update|
THIRD PARTY COOKIESIf you already use social media platforms, they might set cookies on your machine as you use our website. Data can then be collected by these companies that enables them to serve up adverts on other sites that they think are relevant to your interests.
|lu, L, L, datr, e, c_user, c_user, presence, sct, sct, _sm_au_d, act, _e_bWDI_21, _e_bWDI_22, _e_bWDI_23, _e_bWDI_24, _e_CTMK_0, _e_CTMK_1, _e_CTMK_2, _e_e6Yv_0, _e_e6Yv_1, _e_e6Yv_2, _e_0ITr _10, wd, x-referer, xs, xs, reg_ext_ref, reg_fb_gate, reg_fb_ref, reg_ext_ref, reg_fb_gate, reg_fb_ref||Personal settings and interests, to help identify fake accounts and personalise your experience.||–|
USE OF YOUR INFORMATIONThe information that we collect relating to you is primarily used to provide you with details of our services and on rare occasions to introduce the services of carefully selected and vetted third parties to you. In addition, we may use or disclose the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information or offers relating to our products or services and other products which may be of interest to you and to notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to another business.
- Where we am legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk and to carry out credit status check in order to assess your suitability and ability to maintain financial contractual obligations.