- If you are able to come to Shilstone to set
up the day prior to your wedding, we ask that there are no children and we
agree mutually suitable times for this set up. Access will be to the Walled
Garden, Marquee, Ceremony Barn (if applicable) and Greenhouse/Orangery. Access
to the House is to be accompanied by management.
- If any item (including Bridal dress) is left
at Shilstone at any time, it is understood that Shilstone takes no
responsibility for any loss or damage occurring to any such item.
- The wedding cake should be delivered on the
morning of the wedding. Deliveries can be made from 10:00am. Please do take the
time to confirm an expected arrival time with Shilstone, so a member of staff
can be on hand to ensure the wedding cake reaches the correct destination
- Drinks and beverages are to be exclusively
purchased from Shilstone unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Access to Shilstone on the day of the wedding
will be no earlier than three hours prior to a ceremony or reception (if
applicable) and in any case no earlier than 10:00am. Guest access to be no
earlier than midday or one hour prior to the ceremony/reception.
- All drivers and transport are advised to
familiarise themselves with the route and access to Shilstone prior to the wedding
day. A map and directions can be found on www.shilstonedevon.com/find-us
- No alcohol to be brought to Shilstone by Guests.
- Cars should be parked in the car parking
field following directions given by our service staff welcoming your Guests on
- Presents and or cards can be left on
designated gift tables within proximity to the ceremony area.
- Coats, umbrellas and other personal attire
may be left in the East Hall of the house.
- Guests bringing children should be reminded
there are no specific child-minding staff onsite and should be requested to
make themselves aware of any possible hazards that their children may face e.g.
steps, stone walls, swimming pool etc. They should also be requested to keep a
careful eye on them throughout the wedding day/evening. We cannot be
responsible for them or any accidents they may have.
- There are no facilities for Guests to get
changed on arrival.
- Please note that not all parts of Shilstone
can be locked. It is your responsibility to inform your Guests and Third Party
Contractors of this and to take appropriate security measures to protect your
property. We cannot be responsible for any loss or damage.
- There are various nominated smoking areas
where sand buckets are provided and Guests are asked to use these areas and
particularly not to use the area to the rear of the Marquee where there are ‘No
Smoking’ notices displayed.
- There is a swimming pool which is cordoned
off with a warning sign, however, please ensure Guests do not enter the
swimming pool or immediate poolside area.
- The Garden Tower is a strictly no access area
of the Walled Garden for Health and Safety reasons.
- After the drinks and canape reception and once
Guests have journeyed into the Marquee, any presents, coats etc. left in the
house will be transferred by Shilstone staff to the Marquee and will be
situated at the rear exit. The House and immediate gardens will then be locked
for security purposes.
- Speeches should take place after the wedding
breakfast. If otherwise, we may need to charge for additional staffing hours
for waiting and service staff.
- Bottles of wine and alcohol are removed from
tables after the speeches or the dessert, whichever is later. All alcohol thereafter is served from the bar.
- During the evening reception in the Marquee, Guests
are requested to keep within the garden areas and respect any roped off areas
and warning signs which are there for the guidance and safety of Guests.
- Band/DJ/Entertainment must adhere to
Shilstone’s entertainment guidelines, ensuring that setup does not interrupt
Guests and the wedding party.
- Evening food to finish no later than 11:00pm.
- At midnight the bar closes and the music
- On departure all Guests are requested to
leave via the rear exit of the Marquee through the Greenhouse and Orchard,
which will be lit to the roadway and to the car park. Guests taking taxis are
requested to be ready to board their taxis at their scheduled time in order to
alleviate possible problems of congestion and taxis leaving without their
- All Guests/band members/DJ are to be offsite
by 00:30am. Shilstone reserves the right to charge £500 per hour or part
thereof if the site is not cleared by 00:30am for whatever reason.
- We ask that you nominate a suitable
individual who can take responsibility for Guests who have drunk excessively.
- There may be a cleaning/damage charge if an
individual causes damage to any part of the property. A
damage deposit of £500 is required no less than 48 hours prior to your wedding
day to cover Shilstone in its entirety (including Whitmore Barn and / or Meadow
Barn if applicable). This can be paid via cheque, pre-authorisation or bank
transfer and will be returned within 48 hours after your wedding if no damage
has been caused.
- Any cars left overnight should be collected
by 10:30am on the day following the Event. Access the following day will be
directed by Shilstone staff depending on other events.
- Any belongings from the Marquee or garden
should be collected by 10:30am on the day following your wedding.
- Any accommodation
used is vacated by 10:30am on the day of departure, unless agreed otherwise, in
advance, in writing, by us.
- Please contact Shilstone staff for any help
or assistance needed during the day.
- No food or drinks other than those provided
by Shilstone are to be consumed at the Venue by you or your Guests, unless
agreed in writing before the Event. No food to be taken offsite. This excludes
the wedding cake.
- No smoking including E-Cigarettes inside any
structures or buildings. This includes the main House, the Marquee and the
Greenhouse. This is for the protection of the building, as well as your safety and
currently abides by law for practice of smoking within an event space.
- No needle point stiletto heels to be worn in
the dining room (high heels are permitted).
- No animals other than guide dogs are allowed
in any of the buildings forming part of Shilstone’s premises, unless expressly
agreed in writing by us.
- No candles or naked flames are allowed within
the Marquee or 11 metres of the Marquee for both Health and Safety and
- Balloon installations are not to include
balloons that are filled with confetti-like material.
- All Guests and Third Party Contractors must
leave the Venue at the end of the Event in a quiet and orderly manner with
respect for our neighbours.
- Any confetti brought to the Venue must be
dried or fresh flower petals and may not be thrown inside the House or any
other buildings belonging to Shilstone. We ask for floral confetti to be thrown
- No alcoholic favours for Guests or alcoholic
presents during speeches.
- For the evening reception no glasses or
bottles are to be taken outside the rear of the Marquee or Walled Garden.
- No glasses or bottles are to be outside of
the Greenhouse or in the area surrounding the taxi point as this can compromise
the safety of staff and Guests.
- Fireworks, sparklers and Chinese lanterns are
- We confirm we
consent to some of the photos taken by our photographer to be used by Shilstone
for promotional purposes.